Financial Support Rules
Inter-Regional Participation at Regional Events (Conferences, Symposia, Workshops, etc.)
IRPRE is a fee-waiver program for teachers from Full Members who wish to participate in events that happen in another CILECT region. The total amount of waivers is up to 4 000 Euro per event. The system works in three steps. Step 1: Before the event starts the host school announces its desire to invite teachers from other CILECT regions. Step 2: Willing to participate teachers apply to the Executive Director for fee-waivers. Each Full Member may receive only one fee waiver for its teachers, on the “first come-first serve” basis. In the unlikely situation of excess of waivers, the Executive Director may grant them to Full Members that have already received their waivers. Step 3: After the event is over the hosting Full Member presents to the Executive Director a report (including the list of actual participants) and gets the respective reimbursement (provided the documents are accurate).
Inter-Regional Teaching Staff Exchanges
IRTSE are exchanges between Full Members from at least two different CILECT regions in which teachers visit the partner school on a reciprocal basis to get a first-hand experience of the different education system and cultural traditions. For this type of initiatives CILECT may allocate travel costs’ support of maximum 4 000 Euro per exchange. The final decision is taken by the CILECT Executive Council.
Training the Trainers Initiatives
TTI are events that provide theoretical knowledge and/or practical experience of methodologies and/or teaching tools for CILECT teachers. For this type of activities CILECT may allocate a support of maximum 4 000 Euro per event for travel costs and/or accommodation of the invited guest lecturer(s). CILECT will NOT cover any such costs for the participating teachers. The final decision is taken by the CILECT Executive Council.
INTER-REGIONAL STUDENTS' COLLABORATION
IRSC are exchanges between Full Members from at least two different CILECT regions in which students work on any type of creative activities (co-productions, joint research, practical training, etc.) on a reciprocal basis. For this type of activities CILECT may allocate travel costs’ support of maximum 5 000 Euro per project. The final decision is taken by the CILECT Executive Council.
SCIENTIFIC, EDUCATIONAL AND METHODOLOGICAL MATERIALS
Joint Curricula Development
JCD are projects in which at least two CILECT Full Members put efforts to develop joint educational programs (not necessarily leading to a degree). For this type of activities CILECT may allocate travel costs’ support of maximum 4 000 Euro per project for the members of the steering group. The final decision is taken by the CILECT Executive Council.
Dissemination of Events' Results
DER are projects in which a CILECT Full Member receives a grant to disseminate the final results of an event (not necessarily financed by CILECT) which could be of interest and use to the whole membership. For this type of activities CILECT may allocate a support of maximum 2 000 Euro per project for the costs of producing the materials and/or for postal expenses to disseminate them. The final decision is taken by the CILECT Executive Council.
Translation of Teaching Materials
TTM are projects in which a CILECT Full Member receives a grant to translate into its own language a teaching material that it considers fundamental for its educational methodology OR to translate into one of the official languages of CILECT (English and Spanish) a material from its own language that it considers to be of probable interest for most of the CILECT Full Members. For this type of activities CILECT may allocate a support of maximum 2 000 Euro per project for the costs of the translation. The final decision is taken by the CILECT Publishing Committee.
All requests for support should be addressed to CILECT Executive Director Prof. Dr. Stanislav Semerdjiev by e- mail at: email@example.com
(voted by the CILECT GA’2004)
- The Greatest Good for the Greatest Number. Since the funds CILECT operates within are limited, an important criterion for support is the extent to which the activity will have an impact on the maximum number of members.
- The Multiplier Effect. Long-term effect activities are preferable to those that have short-term or transient effect.
- Economic Efficiency. To ensure that CILECT contributions are efficiently and properly spent a complete budget should always accompany funding requests, and spending of the respective funds should thoroughly be accounted for.
- Leverage Funding. Even a modest contribution sometimes can attract additional support, so leverage funding is also an efficient way of expanding the impact of CILECT’s limited resources.
- Dissemination of Results. In a number of cases and due to different reasons, members with an interest in a particular activity may not be able to participate. Therefore, CILECT supported activities should provide substantive reports, so that the entire membership could be able to profit in some or another way.
The 71st University Film and Video Association (UFVA) Conference - 29.07- 02.08.2017
The 16th ISFVF of Beijing Film Academy - Call for Entries
Prof. Li Wei, Beijing Film Academy, China - Film Philosophy