CILECT PRIZE 2018 RULES
- Each Full Member school is invited to send one film entry in EACH of the three categories: FICTION, DOCUMENTARY or ANIMATION. The length of each entry should not be longer than 30 minutes. Films should be produced in the calendar 2017 year.
2. Entry Deadline: 31 JANUARY 2018
- Schools may send entries to: CILECT PRIZE 2018, Stanislav Semerdjiev, Executive Director CILECT, 108A Rakovsky str. NATFA, 1000 Sofia, BULGARIA
- Schools may upload entries on their FTP servers and send the link for downloading them to email@example.com
- Schools may use file-sharing sites or services such as www.wetransfer.com, www.dropbox.com, www.dropsend.com
3. Entry Form:
- Schools MUST download one official entry form for each submitted film. Forms may be downloaded of filled in at www.cilect.org and submitted online or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries should be sent in SD or HD resolution on DVD-Video disc (in either PAL or NTSC systems). When file-sharing is used, files should be in MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 formats in either PAL or NTSC systems. DVD-Video file structures should be compressed in a single .zip file OR in the DVD-Video format structure in which case the entire VIDEO_TS folder must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files). Subtitles must be BURNT INTO VIDEO or in case the entry is DVD-Video format with subtitle track(s) the ENTIRE VIDEO_TS FOLDER must be uploaded (all .ifo, .bup and .vob files).
5. Subtitles: ALL film entries MUST BE SUBTITLED IN ENGLISH!
- This rule specifically INCLUDES also the schools whose language of teaching IS English! Many people whose mother tongue is not English have problems understanding the dialogues of films shot originally in British/North American/Australian/Asian/African/etc. versions of English. The introduction of English subtitles on English-language films helps those films overcome the disadvantage.
- NB: Films WITHOUT ENGLISH SUBTITLES will not be accepted in the competition!
6. Entry Presentation:
- All film entries are transferred on DVDs. The order of films on any DVD or the numbering of DVDs in the compilation is random. ONE copy of the complete compilation of DVDs is sent by courier mail to each Full Member for reviewing and voting. All film entries and their respective forms will ALSO be uploaded on a password protected Online Video Platform (OVP) and schools will receive a username and password to be abel to watch them.
7. Voting Deadline: 15 JULY 2018
- NB: The OVP will be accessible during the whole voting process (15 March 2018 – 15 July 2018).
8. Voting Obligations:
- Schools MAY NOT vote for their own film!
- Schools MUST vote in each category in which their entries participate!
- Schools who DO NOT participate with entries MUST vote in at least one of the categories (Fiction, Documentary or Animation)!
9. Selection of Nominees:
It MUST include:
- the school's choice of FIVE BEST films (in order of first place, second place, third place, fourth place, fifth place) for the FICTION category;
- the school's choice of FIVE BEST films (in order of first place, second place, third place, fourth place, fifth place) for the DOCUMENTARY category.
- the school's choice of FIVE BEST films (in order of first place, second place, third place, fourth place, fifth place) for the ANIMATION category.
10. Votes Counting:
- A committee appointed by the Executive Director tallies the votes and announces the nominees and the winners in each category not later than one month after the receipt of all the votes from the schools.
STARTS Prize 2018 Open Call
DOK.network Africa Residency Programme, 2nd March – 14th May, 2018
Flash Forward International Short Film Festival 2018 - Submissions
ÉCU – The European Independent Film Festival 2018 - Call for Subimssions
Jeunesse tout courts 2018 - International short-film festival, 22-24.06.18