CILECT Teaching Award 2016
As a means to recognize and reward excellence in film, TV and/or media pedagogy within the organization, in 2014 CILECT instituted its annual Teaching Award. Up to THREE awards are granted each year. Candidates who have not been selected in the respective year can be re-nominated up to two more times.
- Candidates for the CILECT Teaching Award may be nominated only by Full Members in good standing. Not later than 15 February 2016 the Full Member must submit online to firstname.lastname@example.org a one page statement (in English) presenting the nominee’s accomplishments in the area of film, TV and/or media pedagogy.
- The nominees will be asked to accept or decline the nomination not later than 14 March 2016. In accepting the nomination, the nominees will agree to submit a portfolio not later than 29 April 2016.
- The Executive Director will notify all Full Members and the nominees of the Executive Council’s final decision by 8 July 2016.
- The winners will be awarded at the CILECT Congress (20-24 November 2016) Griffith Film School, Brisbane, Australia. They should be prepared to do a 30 minutes presentation on the congress theme: Ethics/Aesthetics. (All winners’ economy class air travel and full accommodation expenses will be covered by CILECT.)
Obligatory Portfolio’s Contents
- List (in English) of the nominee’s teaching positions related to film, TV and/or media pedagogy with brief (max 50 words each) descriptions of the major courses taught.
- List (in English) of the nominee’s most influential publications and/or technological aids related to film, TV and/or media pedagogy. (The list should be supported by copies of the original cover page and table of contents page, and/or website references, and/or published reviews).
- List (in English) of the nominee’s presentations at national and/or international events (workshops, symposia, seminars, conferences, etc.) in the field of film, TV and/or media education.
- List (in English) of the nominee’s policy making and/or organizational services in the area of film, TV and/or media pedagogy to educational and/or other institutions at national and/or international level.
- List (in English) of the nominee’s awards, grants and other recognitions.
- List (in English) of student and/or teaching assistant accomplishments related to the nominee’s mentoring (awards, research achievements, publications, career development steps, etc.).
- Up to 15 minute audiovisual excerpt from a teaching session of the nominee in class subtitled in English (if the original language is NOT English).
Minutes 16-11-17 Brisbane
Minutes 16-10-01 Brussels
Prof. Li Wei, Beijing Film Academy, China - Film Philosophy
CILECT Bibliography on Documentary Film
CILECT Conference "Transmedia Strategies and Interdisciplinary Approaches" - Zürich University of the Arts, Zurich, Switzerland
Training the Trainers: Reboot - GEECT Conference, Den Norske Filmskolen, Lillehammer, Norway (8-10 May 2017)